LinkTV - DirecTv ch375 Dish ch9410

Weekly Interest



332 Landslide

332 Landslide

December 21, 2008

Western Washington Severe Weather December 2008 Day10 6:00pm

28 Straight Hours of Snow in South Kitsap

Update: 32 solid hours of snow. It finally stopped a little before 10:00pm. I hoped, but I was too tired to even get up and check. I headed over to KIRO to check their radar... the blue cloud indicating snow had finally passed from over my town... dare I believe? Still, so . tired . ...
Then, the power flickered! NO! Wouldn't you know, the moment you slack off on the branch whacking... So I booted and scarfed up and opened the door. Drip...Drip... but no snow! Oh, and did I mention, I lost another branch. This time the Pine gave it up. And again, this was also above the power lines and I have no idea how those two giant (15+ft) branches could have missed them but I am grateful. 34 degrees now per the window, 30 MSN, at 10:34pm. As I was whacking branches I noticed the wind had picked up. Just before the sun went down I heard another large branch go down next door, where they had gone to all that trouble to cut down the trees holding up the hillside. Ooops. Heavy melting heaps of snow at the ends of branches, freezing temperatures and an increasing wind... oh boy.

The temperature held between 33 and 35 degrees today, the cycle of small then large flakes mentioned in the previous post also held for the day. I spent the day bashing those overhanging limbs. Miraculously, I haven't had a bad signal issue from the satellite dish until about an hour ago. I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to grab the broom and step ladder and head out to clear it off, but I couldn't bring myself to do it right away so I hunkered down to watch the latest new episode of Survivor Man. (So sad to hear it would be his last episode!) By the time that was over, my signal had cleared! YEAH!


The weather is on right now, and while the temperatures are set to remain near or above freezing, it's still snowing and is scheduled to continue to do so. I'm beginning to worry about the roof.

Here are the day's images:



4:00pm


That's Better!


Ahhhh....



Branch - No Whack



Branch: Whacked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Center for Public Integrity

The 380,000-plus-word database presented here allows, for the first time, the Iraq-related public pronouncements of top Bush administration officials to be tracked on a day-by-day basis against their private assessments and the actual “ground truth” as it is now known. Throughout the database, passages containing false statements by the top Bush administration officials are highlighted in yellow. The 935 false statements in the database may also be accessed by selecting the “False Statements” option from the “Subject” pull-down menu and may be displayed within selected date ranges using the selection tool below. Searches may also be limited by person or subject, or both, by using the appropriate selections from the pull-down menus.