LinkTV - DirecTv ch375 Dish ch9410

Weekly Interest



332 Landslide

332 Landslide

December 20, 2008

Western Washington Severe Weather December 2008 Day9 10:00pm

Tiny Snow Flakes Now Mixed with Tiny Ice Rain

12:00pm update:
because I'm too tired to create a whole new post. just back in from whacking branches. the tiny ice spheres are still falling, but the larger flakes have returned. I took the dog out this time, the snow is nearly to the top of my rubber boots and the dog is plowing through with her chest. I haven't seen snow like this since the last time I went up to the pass to sled. That's not what it reminded me of though, I remembered the knee and thigh deep snow when I was a kid on the east coast. It's absolutely silent outside, my world is one giant sound baffle.


I've been going out each hour to knock snow off branches that overhang the power line to the house, this time the teeny flakes have returned, and are mixed with teeny frozen spheres. The effect is like diamonds and glitter falling from heaven. It's beautiful, but if it keeps up I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with weight on the branches. The window thermometer says 28 degrees, MSN sidebar finds 23 right now, 10:37pm.

Here is how the snowfall stacks up since 2pm when it began to fall.



2pm


6pm


8pm




9pm




10pm



The radar looks as if things might begin to let up soon, let's hope so eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Center for Public Integrity

The 380,000-plus-word database presented here allows, for the first time, the Iraq-related public pronouncements of top Bush administration officials to be tracked on a day-by-day basis against their private assessments and the actual “ground truth” as it is now known. Throughout the database, passages containing false statements by the top Bush administration officials are highlighted in yellow. The 935 false statements in the database may also be accessed by selecting the “False Statements” option from the “Subject” pull-down menu and may be displayed within selected date ranges using the selection tool below. Searches may also be limited by person or subject, or both, by using the appropriate selections from the pull-down menus.